Technology’s quick development has elevated many aspects of our lives, including communication, education, entertainment, and many others. With only a tap of a button, mobile apps are an essential component of our everyday life and help us with numerous daily needs. What if you discovered some fascinating and fascinating information about the top app development companies and mobile app developers?
The field of mobile application development is expanding at a rapid speed in the modern era. Check out our diverse collection of fascinating information about creating mobile apps.
- Mobile apps are categorized into three types based on technology namely native apps, hybrid apps, and web apps. So, like the three types of apps, there are developers with expertise in this specific app development field.
- There are multiple platforms accessible to develop mobile apps. The best mobile app developers make use of this fact and develop mobile apps on multiple platforms to accomplish a comprehensive audience and earning potential.
- As there are several operating systems and programming languages per platform, it’s the responsibility of the mobile app developers to convey a great user experience and efficient application.
- As per the report, 42% of mobile app developers move towards iOS platforms to create an app while 31% of the developers choose the Android platform.
- iOS and Android are two of the leading mobile application development platforms. The developers who choose any other platform than these two end up having half the revenues as those who do use it.
- Because nowadays mobile apps are easy and handy to use, 63% of millennials use mobile apps to make purchases.
- One of the most popular sources of revenue is ads on mobile applications. It is expected by the year 2023, that mobile apps will generate more than $935 billion in revenue.
- The Apple app store has 1.96 million applications available for download, while the most distinguished Google Play store has 2.87 million apps that are accessible for users to download.
- Gaming apps followed by business apps are the most famous category of iOS applications as of 2020.
- The number of iPhone app downloads per user is less than the Android app downloads from the Google Play Store. It is evident that iPhone users are fewer in number in comparison to Android phone owners.
So, these are a few fascinating facts about the mobile app development sector. These facts are completely based on analysis data performed on mobile app development.
Important Facts About Mobile App Development
The advancement of technology has revolutionized our daily existence. It is essential to modern civilization and has an impact on people’s ability to learn, communicate, and think. We are in a time of great technical advancement. These developments have improved the convenience and enjoyment of daily living. Smartphones and the internet are two common examples.
Since smartphones first came out, mobile applications have grown in popularity. One of the most popular and useful smartphone features is the ability to download and install mobile apps. These apps can be used for everything, including banking, shopping, entertainment, and communication. Furthermore, learning is another use for these programs. They enhance collaboration and interaction in the learning process. The most widely used smartphone apps are Facebook, WhatsApp, Spotify, Uber, and others.
Our daily lives are now significantly impacted by mobile apps. There are a tonne of different smartphone apps available in the market. Even companies that would never have considered creating an app are entering the market today. The development of mobile apps has become essential for enterprises.
Here are some things to think about concerning mobile app development in order to maximize the use of mobile technology and determine exactly where your investment will lead you, regardless of whether you want to be present on iOS, Android, or both platforms.
Fact No.1: There are three types of mobile apps if you categorize them by technology:
Native apps: These apps are created for one specific platform or operating system.
Web apps: web apps are responsive versions of websites. These apps can work on any mobile device or OS as they’re delivered using a mobile browser.
Hybrid apps: These are the combinations of both native and web apps but are wrapped within a native app, making them have their own icon or be downloaded from an app store.
Fact No.2: Mobile apps are used more than websites. According to research, people spend 87% of their time on mobile apps making mobile app development A MUST for businesses today.
Fact No.3: There are multiple platforms to develop mobile apps. Developing mobile apps on multiple platforms is important to gain an extensive potential audience and maximize earning potential.
Fact No.4: Mobile development platforms provide developers with a single environment possessing all of the tools developers need to build an app. Most platforms are geared towards creating iOS or Android applications; however, others are cross-platform applications providing an environment with specific native tools.
Fact No.5: There are different operating systems and various programming languages per platform. Mobile app developers should ensure that the app provides a great user experience and isn’t deleted immediately.
Fact No.6: Interactive app design is essential as people tend to avoid apps with complicated designs. Good mobile app design helps businesses establish a good brand.
Fact No.7: Most developers prefer to use iOS for developing mobile apps. According to research, 42% of app developers choose iOS as a mobile app development platform, while 31% choose Android.
Fact No.8: Android is the most bought mobile operating system in the world. According to a study in 2012, 70% of people bought smartphones with Android operating systems. However, iOS is considered superior to Android. Across all competitive points except for cost and ease of learning, iOS has more advantages over Android.
Fact No.9: 74% of mobile app developers use two or more platforms to develop the app. According to a study in 2011, 80% of developers build apps for Android, iOS, or both.
Fact No.10: iOS and Android are the two major app development platforms. App developers who avoid developing mobile applications for at least one of the two major platforms generally have half the revenue compared to the ones who do.
Fact No.11: 63% of millennials make purchases on mobile apps. It is because mobile apps are handy and are easy to use.
Fact No.12: In 2017, the estimated number of app downloads is 269 billion, which would be 33 apps for each person on Earth.
Fact No.13: Excluding Chinese third-party app downloads, with nearly 7 billion downloads, India was the leading market for app downloads in Q2 2020, followed by the US with around 3.75 billion, and Brazil with 3 billion downloads.
Fact No.14: According to a study, WhatsApp was the most downloaded app of 2019 with over 850 million downloads, followed by TikTok with 730 million downloads, and Facebook Messenger with 810 million downloads.
Fact No.15: Ads are the most popular sources of revenue for mobile applications. App advertising revenue has climbed steadily from $9.1 billion in 2016 to $31.9 billion in 2020. Mobile apps are expected to generate more than $935 billion in revenue by 2023.
Fact No.16: There are 2.87 million apps available for download on the Google Play Store, while the Apple App Store has 1.96 million apps for download.
Fact No.17: 21% of Millennials open an app over 50 times a day. In comparison, 49% of people open an app more than 11 times a day.
Fact No.18: The average smartphone owner uses 10 apps each day and 30 apps per month.
Fact No.19: In February 2021, approximately 88.5 thousand mobile apps were released via Google Play Store, thereby making it the lowest number of releases between March 2019 and February 2021.
Fact No.20: The average price of an iOS gaming app in the Apple App Store was 49 cents in March 2021.
Fact No.21: As of 2020, gaming apps were the most popular iOS app category, followed by business apps. Over 22% percent of all available apps were gaming apps followed by business apps with a share of 10.11% of active all apps being business apps.
Fact No.22: Google Play and the Apple App Store are the leading app stores with 3.15 million and 2.1 million available downloadable apps, respectively. According to publishers and mobile app developers, the majority of apps are free to download on app stores.
Fact No.23: Roblox was the top-grossing gaming app that was generating more than 2.5 million US dollars in revenue per day as of October 2020.
Fact No.24: The number of application downloads from the Android Play Store is significantly higher than The App Store. This is because there are more Android owners than iPhone owners.
Fact No.25: More than 65% of mobile users spend the majority of their time on social media apps.
What Makes a Good App Developer?
Developing mobile applications can be a fulfilling career path. With the rising reliance of the world on mobile devices, there is a growing demand for developers who can produce high-quality apps that satisfy customers’ expectations.
You will be in charge of designing the user interface (UI) and coding the code that makes the app work as a mobile app developer. Additionally, you’ll need to understand how to promote and release your apps through a variety of platforms, such as the Google Play and iTunes stores.
There are numerous justifications for choosing a job as a mobile app developer:
- Mobile apps have become an essential part of our everyday lives and offer great opportunities for personal and professional growth. By developing successful apps, you will learn how to work with different platforms by developing successful apps, design user interfaces from scratch, and build intuitive features into your products.
- The burgeoning field of augmented reality (AR) requires talented app developers to create applications that take advantage of this technology. With AR becoming more mainstream by the day, being able to develop AR-compatible apps will be very advantageous in the future marketplace.
- There is immense potential for mobile development careers overseas; countries such as China are investing heavily in this industry.
- Mobile app development often involves working with customer service representatives and other team members across various departments within a company – this experience gives you invaluable knowledge when interacting with customers directly or supervising others on complex projects.
If you want to see your name at the top of someone’s list when applying for jobs or to interview for contracts abroad, becoming a competent mobile app developer should be on your radar!
A mobile app developer must have the following skills to be successful:
- Strong coding and development skills in a variety of programming languages, including Objective C, Swift, Java, etc.
- A mobile app developer needs to be able to create code that is easy to understand and use, while also designing the interface in a user-friendly way.
- Experience with graphic design software such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and handle deadlines well
- A good Mobile App Developer should be capable of working independently and as part of a team.
With the necessary qualifications and experience, a career in app development can boast an annual salary range between $89,000 and $125,000. Of course, this will depend on your employer and what programs you are using to develop your mobile apps, as well as on the amount of experience you have earned.
Just like your salary, your responsibilities will depend on the employer, how much experience you have in developing apps, and the platform or OS you develop apps for.
If you’re interested in starting a career in mobile app development, there are a few things that you’ll need to do first.
- First, it’s essential to have some software engineering experience.
- Secondly, you’ll need to be highly organized and have excellent problem-solving skills.
- Thirdly, you’ll also need good communication and coordination skills, as most projects involve teamwork.
- Finally, it is essential that you enjoy working independently and being self-motivated.
If these qualities sound like they would fit well with your personality, then start exploring different job opportunities online today!