Cash for What You Already Have
Perhaps it’s the end of the month, and you’re just a few bucks short of where you need to be. It’s not a desirable situation to be in, but unfortunately it’s one that many people find themselves in at one point or another. But never fear—you don’t have to beg on the streets or sell your soul. Earn money for one more meal by using one of these completely legitimate (if seemingly unconventional) ways to make a buck or two.
• Have a yard sale: The motto of all yard sales seems to be that one person’s trash is another person’s treasure. Take an afternoon to clean out all your junk (you know—like you’ve been meaning to do for months/years) and see what you can sell off. Look around for stuff you never use—what you find might surprise you. Of course, we are in the Internet Age now, so you can go online to eBay and Craigslist and other sites to make some cash off your stuff.
• Donate plasma: If you do well having your blood drawn, you can make plasma donations twice weekly and earn money doing it. For plasma donations, your blood is drawn and centrifuged to separate the plasma from the red blood cells, and then the red blood cells are returned to your body. Plasma is used for a variety of medical needs, including treatment for cancer and other lifelong illnesses, so you can save lives and earn money while doing it. Win-win!
• Sell gold jewelry: Have some old gold jewelry lying around that you’ll never wear? You can get it appraised and sell it to get paid on the spot. And you don’t necessarily have to go to a sketchy-looking pawnshop either—there are quality cash-for-gold buyers such as GoldMax that buy your gold in a professional, relaxed environment.
• Sign up for Fiver.com: Fiver.com is a website that allows you to sign up to buy and sell “gigs,” or random small services (such as painting a Christmas ornament or translating 300 words into three languages), for $5 each. It’s like the Odd-Job Online Superstore. Everyone can do something random, so why not make five bucks off it? Perhaps this will be where your underappreciated underwater basket weaving skills will finally pay off.
• Find a one-day job on Craigslist: In the et cetera category people often post jobs that will take an afternoon or a day at most. Rake leaves or buck hay for a few hours, earn $50. Not too shabby.
• Couch diving: It’s the oldest trick in the book—look under your couch cushions for loose change. You can check the washer too. Okay, so maybe you will only find a quarter or two, but every 25 cents helps, right? Right.
Now, if you read this list hoping to see a way to get cash for not very much effort, you may have been disappointed. These methods for making money require work—just not quite in the way you may have imagined. It’s okay, though; just think about how good that pizza will taste after you’ve done a good afternoon’s work for it. And maybe you’ll have a little extra money to put towards your emergency fund or your education or another worthy cause on the side.
cash for gold buyer GoldMax USA.com